Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Halloween Sweet Tooth

You know what Halloween means.... SUGAR COMA time!  And not just for kids!  As much as I enjoy the disgustingly delicious processed trick-or-treat candy, I typically prefer the real stuff.  Yes, I'm a sucker for any type of home baked good found on planet earth.  Today I thought I'd share some of the tasty looking treats I'm dying to make this season, just in case you live for sweets this time of year too.   I apologize in advance- If you're on a diet you might want to stop reading right now! (click on the picture to find the recipes)

Halloween Whoopie pies via iambaker.net

candy corn cake via iambaker.net

Caramel Apples with Caramel for dipping via pinterest

candy corn sugar cookie bars via cookies and cups

apple ice creams w/ caramel via time for a little something

caramel apple via pinterest

halloween candy bark via brown eyed baker

easy pumpkin pretzels via butterwithasideofbread

great pumpkin dessert via taste of home

pumpkin donuts with vanilla glaze via babble

simple pumpkin cheesecake trifles via my baking addiction

apple cider floats via rachel ray

pumpkin cake via something swanky

cinnamon roll pancakes via recipes nobs

What are your favorite treats to make for Halloween?

Happy baking!

Posted by Andie at 9:58 AM Hide 12 Comments
Salt Lake Dental(1 year ago)

Those look fantastic! Except those desserts AND candy can be dangerous! If you make those and want to get rid of the extra candy after halloween, visit one of the offices locally doing a Halloween Candy Buy Back!

Rachna(1 year ago)

Looks awesome and I am sure they taste yummy too !

Natalie(1 year ago)

Everything looks delicious!

Dezi(1 year ago)

Oh. My. Yum! Love all the deliciousness that will be around for the next couple months. And those pumpkin pretzels are way too cute. And seem pretty easy. Thanks!

Isabel(1 year ago)

thanks for sharing this is AWESOME!!!

Tracey(1 year ago)

Which one do I try first?

Suzanne(1 year ago)

Now all I need is someone to make them all for me....

Christine A.(1 year ago)

Slow Cooker Pumpkin Coffee Cake Oatmeal

Makes 4-6 servings

Ingredients:

1 C steel-cut oats or 1/2 cup regular oatmeal and 1/2 cup Irish oatmeal

3 C Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk

1 C pumpkin puree

1 Cup of raisins/gold or classic

1 tsp ground cinnamon or Oriental Five Spice

Dash of Pure Vanilla Extract

Coffee Cake Topping:

1/3 C brown sugar (or other sweetener if you don t use refined sugar)

1/3 C pecans or walnuts, chopped-(I use Almond Accents when out of pecans and walnuts)

1 tsp ground cinnamon

Directions:

Mix toppings in a small container and cover until the morning.

Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later or place liner in crock pot. Add all the ingredients except the toppings. Cook on low for 8-10 hours over night.

Stir your oatmeal well. Top with coffee cake topping.

Caramel Drizzle: Store bought or you can make it quickest this way.

2 cups brown sugar

1 can (14 ounce size) sweetened condensed milk

1/2 cup margarine or butter

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup milk, more as needed

DIRECTIONS:

Stir sugar and condensed milk together; heat over low to medium heat, stirring constantly, till sugar dissolves; remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla and stir well. Add milk and stir well. Store in the refrigerator.

My boys were never oatmeal eaters until I made this and it helps to wake us all up before the alarm clock with smiles.

Christine A.(1 year ago)

Slow Cooker Pumpkin Coffee Cake Oatmeal

Makes 4-6 servings

Ingredients:

1 C steel-cut oats or 1/2 cup regular oatmeal and 1/2 cup Irish oatmeal

3 C Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk

1 C pumpkin puree

1 Cup of raisins/gold or classic

1 tsp ground cinnamon or Oriental Five Spice

Dash of Pure Vanilla Extract

Coffee Cake Topping:

1/3 C brown sugar (or other sweetener if you don t use refined sugar)

1 tsp ground cinnamon

Directions:

Mix toppings in a small container and cover until the morning.

Stir your oatmeal well. Top with coffee cake topping.

Caramel Drizzle: Store bought or you can make it quickest this way.

2 cups brown sugar

1 can (14 ounce size) sweetened condensed milk

1/2 cup margarine or butter

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup milk, more as needed

DIRECTIONS:

Wendy(1 year ago)

Everyone talks about how Thanksgiving/Christmas is such a diet trap time. For me, it's Halloween. ARGH, HALLOWEEN!!!

Holly(1 year ago)

Christine, I love crock pot recipes. Will you share yours that you mention above? My email address is hrackham3@yahoo.com

Thanks, Holly

Christine(1 year ago)

It is a yummy Crock Pot Pumpkin Cake and Oatmeal mix that greets our day, then we use caramel drizzle. So yummy, warm and it makes the whole home smell amazing for days.

Please enter the email address where notifications of new entries should be sent.

We never share this information or use it for any other purpose. See our privacy policy for more information.

Un-follow Room To Talk

Please enter the email address where the notifications are being sent to remove yourself from the list.
McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
R.C. Willey Home Furnishings, Furniture  Retail, Salt Lake City, UT Home | Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Mobile VersionBack To Top
© 2014 RC Willey Home Furnishings.

Create New WishList