Posted by Kerry on December 9, 2016
Please join us Saturday, December 10, from Noon-4PM, for free photos with Santa at your local RC Willey. We have a great setup with a high-quality camera that you can enter to win. We will also have free hot dogs and drinks as well, and you will leave with a quality printed photo of you & Santa. Just another way to wrap up your holidays with RC Willey!
Posted by Kerry on December 6, 2016
We have successfully completed another Makeover from the Heart with Citywide Home Loans and KUTV CBS 2.
A family friend nominated the Robinson family from West Jordan for a home makeover. Last year, Jaren was diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML). He recently received chemotherapy and in August had a stem cell transplant. His immune system is compromised and he’s been in the hospital for over a month. He hopes to be able to recuperate at home very soon. However, their home needed some updates to make it healthy for him to recover. We created a home theater makeover to give the Robinson’s a nice place to enjoy family movie nights while Jaren recuperates. “The Robinson family is a very kind and loving family and an integral part of our community,” said the person who nominated them. “They are the first to lend a hand helping in any capacity. They are a very well-deserving family and are sure to pay it forward.”
We are thrilled with the relationship with have with Citywide Home Loans and KUTV Channel 2 and their willnessness to give back as we all go the extra mile. Also big thanks to our employees for putting in some serious hours after work to make this happen. Stay tuned for more updates as more makeovers are completed! Look below for some awesome before and afters!
Posted by Kerry on November 14, 2016
RC Willey is excited to announce that we are carrying ORCA coolers and drinkware. ORCA coolers and drinkware far surpass your everyday ice chest or to-go cup. They are proudly made in the USA and an ORCA cooler can hold ice for up to 10 days, which makes it great for camping or hitting the lake.
I have personally tested a 27 ounce ORCA Chaser cup and I was blown away by how cold my ice water stayed. It measured at a consistent 31.9 degrees for at least 6 hours even as I added more water throughout the day. When I woke up the next morning and the ice had melted the water temp was still in the low 40's - so if you demand an icy cold beverage this cup is for you!
ORCA Chasers are BPA free and are made of tough stainless steel. They fit in most cupholders and come in a variety of colors and styles. They also keep hot drinks hot as seen in our own test below!
Also, ORCA coolers are bear proof...for real.
Posted by Kerry on November 14, 2016
Did you know every RC Willey has a Red Tag Clearance Center? It's true! If you are looking for one of a kind merchandise, scratch and dents, or clearance items with out-of-this-world pricing, you need to visit the Red Tag Clearance Center ASAP! Our clearance centers get merchandise daily, from sofas and sectionals to mattresses and bedroom furniture and if you really want to save some money look for the items with a red tag hanging on them. Those are the items that our managers really want to get rid of to make room for new clearance items. Remember, stock changes daily, so make sure you visit often and don't hesitate to buy because once it's gone it might never come back!
Posted by Kerry on November 8, 2016
Veterans Day is just around the corner and we wanted to take the opportunity to honor a local veteran, so when Citywide Home Loans asked us to join them in their annual Makeovers From The Heart event, we were excited to help out!
A little backstory...In 2014, the good people at Citywide Home Loans decided to forgo their annual Christmas party and take the money they would have spent on it to help families in need with home makeovers. In 2015 they wanted a partner to provide furniture, electronics and flooring for all the home makeovers and RC Willey took the opportunity to furnish 11 homes for the nominated families.
Which brings us to this year and a third partner, KSTU FOX 13. Through a nomination process, the Farnsworth's were nominated by their grandfather as a deserving family of a home makeover. The Farnsworth family includes Joel, a veteran of the U.S. Navy, Sarah his wife, and all their wonderful children. This military family is always helping others and was delighted to work alongside our contractors to help update their home. We initially were just going to do a kitchen remodel but we couldn't help ourselves and the project expanded to give them many updates including new carpet, paint inside and out, new windows, kitchen appliances, countertops in the kitchen and bathroom, a new dining set, beautiful sectional, new front door, a family TV and new bedroom sets/mattresses in every bedroom. Check out the before and after pics as well as the reveal video below!
Here's the kitchen makeover which Joel Farnsworth tiled himself!
The family room makeover...
The bathroom makeover!
An awesome boy's room makeover
A cute girl's room makeover with bunk beds
A nursery makeover for a little boy
A great teen bedroom makeover
And a master bedroom makeover for a busy Mom and Dad
The downstairs den makeover for the whole family to enjoy
The Farnsworth family is so gracious and Joel has already asked to volunteer on helping out another deserving family in the future. Take a moment to watch the video reveal below and if you'd like to join us in Makeovers With A Heart we would love to have your help! And thanks again to Citywide Home Loans for starting this annual event, inviting us to help, and for all the help FOX 13 has given us along the way.
Posted by RC Willey Community on November 7, 2016
With Halloween behind us, Thanksgiving 2016 will be here before we know it. That means it is time to start thinking menus, decorations, and how to fit more people around your dining room table!
Table centerpieces are always a lovely addition to any event and Thanksgiving is definitely the Super Bowl of dinner events! It can help set the mood for your meal as much as it is a fun way to be creative and express yourself. It really helps to make the overall event memorable and leaves a lasting impression.
The great thing is, making a centerpiece doesn’t have to be complicated or cost a fortune. With a little imagination, some stuff you already have at home (think candles, fruit, and fall leaves) and a trip to the craft store, you can create a gorgeous table where all of your family and friends can gather and make new memories.
RC Willey also has great accesories like trays and candles that can help you put a gorgeous table together. After Thanksgiving is over, you can make good use of them in other areas of your home!
Posted by Kerry on October 24, 2016
A sectional is a great piece to add to your home. Not only does it provide seating for many people, it can serve as the perfect design element. Sectionals today aren’t what they were years ago. You can find one in any style, color or fabric imaginable. They also come in many different shapes and sizes. So, don’t shy away from creating the living room you love to live in with a sectional as the anchoring piece.
Sectionals are the perfect way to help define the space in a large open concept home. When you have one large great room it can be difficult to create unique living spaces within the large space. A beautiful sectional can anchor your space and help create the mood and feel you want in your home.
They are also great for smaller spaces; you only need to find the one that works for your room. Some styles actually take up less room than a sofa and chair. Get the right configuration and it can provide your room with better flow and the appearance of a larger space.
RC Willey has a variety of sectionals to choose from -- all sizes and types of upholstery. So jump in with both feet and find a sectional for your home that will have you enjoying the look and feel of your home for years.
Posted by Kerry on October 12, 2016
It’s that time of year! In every grocery store and farmer’s market around the country you’ll be able to find piles and piles of pumpkins of every shape, size, and color. As kids we would go pick out a few of the biggest ones that we could find, hollow them out and carve whatever our imaginations could come up with into the front face and put them out on our door step to show them off.
While that is always a must around this time of year it is not the only fun that our families can have with pumpkins. There are just as fun and creative ways to make the pumpkin the center piece inside of our homes or outside on the porch. All you need are a few markers, some paint, glitter and a little bit of time to get your home 100 percent ready for fall.
Painted Funky Pumpkins
As shown above you can still have all the fun that you did as a kid when decorating pumpkins but without the mess of cutting them open and getting rid of all the seeds and pulp.
- Small to Medium sized pumpkins
- Paint in the desired colors
- Glitter paint (for the stems)
- 2 or more paint brushes (use different brushes when using glitter paint vs pumpkin paint)
- Wash and dry your pumpkins to remove any dirt or grime
- Pour glitter paint into a tray or a plate and paint the stems first and allowed time to dry
- Once the paint on the stems is dry pour pumpkin paint into a separate tray and apply to the pumpkin in long even stroke (allow time to dry for multiple layers or multiple colors)
Basic Glitter Pumpkin
For those that don’t the mess of paint these pumpkins make the perfect accent to any Fall center piece.
- Small sized pumpkins
- Paint brush
- Wash and dry the pumpkins to give the glue a clean base to dry on
- Using the paint brush apply the glue in a thin layer onto the pumpkins on the areas that you wish to apply the glitter (make sure the layer is thin enough to not form “globs” yet sufficiently thick enough to hold the glitter)
- Wait for the glue to settle
Paint and Marker Pumpkin
- Medium to Large sized pumpkins
- Permanent makers
- Stencils (optional)
- Wash and dry pumpkins
- Paint the stems and allow time to dry (choose a color that will contrast the main color that you will paint the body of the pumpkin)
- Once the stems are dry apply your base color to the rest of the pumpkin and allow time to dry
- When the paint is dry use a pencil or pen to lightly sketch your desired design onto the pumpkin
- When satisfied with the design use the permanent markers to go over your sketch
Posted by Kerry on October 11, 2016
Working from home allows us to save time and money that would otherwise be expended during daily commutes to and from the office. We can also start work at the most convenient time and take care of chores at home that often get neglected. With all the good that working from home can bring, it is important to remember to not allow procrastination and inefficient uses of your time become bad habits. Here are some effective tips on how you can best utilize your time and be productive while you work from home.
- The mindset that you put yourself into before you start work is essential. It is the foundation for a productive workday. To do this get ready the same way you would if you were going to the office. Dress accordingly, eat breakfast, and accomplish any other small morning tasks you may have.
- Prepare a work area. Part of creating an efficient mindset deals with your surroundings. Set aside a place in your home that will be used only for work. Don’t allow for anything else to cause unnecessary distractions.
- Make a Schedule. It is much easier to get work done when you have time set aside used exclusively for “workplace” tasks. Make sure to include breaks when making your schedule so that you don’t burn yourself out after the first few hours. For example, take a 10-minute break every 45 to 50 minutes. This will allow your mind time to reset and will also give you an opportunity to check texts, social media or get a snack.
- You should also have a list of goals that you can accomplish within the time you allot to working. The more structure you put into your planning the less time you waste.
- Take things one thing at a time. It is often easy to feel overwhelmed when you look at a list of tasks and start thinking ahead. This can cause you to feel un-needed stress, which in turn, may drain you of energy that could be better applied to the completion of your goals.
- Set boundaries. Working at home openings up the possibility of numerous temptations and distractions. Create a list of things that you will NOT do during your allotted work time and maintain the same level or professionalism you would have in the actual workplace.
- Turn it Off. Often when you work from home it becomes easy to never have any real time off. Just like a normal job, you should have a time when you no longer worry about work related issues. Doing this will allow you to spend time with the family and not over work yourself. After all the main reason most choose to work at home is for more freedom and flexibility. Why deprive yourself of that? Just because you work at home, doesn’t mean your home should become your new work.
Posted by Kerry on October 7, 2016
The blend between modern and rustic is a popular trend and we want to help you out with some visual aids and tips on how you too can incorporate these ideas in your own home. When you take a few of these ideas, mix in some of Joanna Gaines's awesome Magnolia Home Furnishings and a few flea market finds, you are sure to nail that rustic Fixer Upper look.
Shiplap, shiplap, shiplap...
Have you ever wanted to make a room in your home look a little more rustic and add some character? If you watch HGTV’s Fixer Upper, you’ve probably seen something called shiplap. Shiplap is traditionally a wooden board that features grooves cut into the top and bottom of the board, which allows the pieces to fit together and stack on one and other horizontally. You can even turn the boards sideways and fit them vertically for another exciting and different look.
The result is a rustic, yet subtle and adaptive design change that can fit any style. The best thing about shiplap is that it isn’t confined to a single room in the house. You can use it in your kitchen, bathroom, bedroom or living room. It is also relatively simple and affordable. We found a helpful DIY video that teaches you all you need to know about shiplapping your home.
Another awesome way to get an instant rustic look is sliding barn doors. RC Willey sells a number of styles that are easy to hang over an exisiting doorway or a cool way to add texture to a blank wall.
Continuing the rustic trend, a great way to tie together the Magnolia look is through the use of simple signs. Signs come in all shapes and sizes and are another affordable option to give any room in your home a new, re-done feel while holding true to the rustic look. We have a bunch of cool, vintage pieces that you can hang on your walls in your home or office.
What are your favorite Magnolia design ideas that we forgot to mention? Let us know in the comments below!