Posted by Andie on November 28, 2010
If you missed shopping Black Friday at RC Willey, don't fret...
Because it's Cyber Monday tomorrow!
This blessed day is for those of you who hate standing outside in the cold and despise long lines. You get to forego those things and shop from the comforts of your own home or office instead!
This November 29th, make sure you visit RC Willey.com. You can look forward to awesome Web Busters, Free $50 Gift Cards with purchases of $199 or more, AND we'll be giving away one of these Sony 32" HDTV's every hour of the workday! Talk about an early Christmas present! Just enter the TV drawing on our front page every hour for your best chance of winning!
Posted by Andie on November 24, 2010
This Thanksgiving season, I am so grateful for many things.... family, faith, the snow, my husband's cooking, a clean bathroom, and short hair that doesn't take a long time to blowdry, just to name a few.
I hate to admit it, but I've also realized I'm extremely grateful for kleenexes this year. Somehow, I've turned into quite the softy.
They certainly came in handy when I saw this movie:
And no doubt they'll come in handy again when we buy it for our home collection.
If you are also grateful for kleenexes, or even if you're like my husband and don't understand why kleenexes would serve any purpose to you while watching a movie... you can buy the Toy Story 3 dvd AND a dvd player for just $10 buckaroos when you spend $499 or more this week at RC Willey!
Whether you bawl through the whole thing or your eyes stay dry, you'll love it!
Congratulations to our Watching Football in 6 Words Contest Winner!
Doug's brilliant 1st place story went like this:
Pig's Born. Pig Dies. Pig(Skin) Flies
Doug is going to be taking home a Free 40" Prizmo LCD TV to watch all the football he desires! Congrats!
Selecting just one winner was very difficult because there were so many great 6 word stories, so we decided to pick our top 25 entries. Each of these writers will be sent a $25 RC Willey Gift Card so that they can put it towards their own 40" TV for supreme football viewing! Here are the 24 2nd place winners (in alphabetical order).....
1. Elway's leap, so sweet, Packers weep.- Alan Nichols
2. Sale: Recorded Superbowl, bonus ultrasound ending.- Carlos
3. Yesteryears heroes, today's armchair quarterback.- Bart Crabbe
4. Flatscreen Football: Where HEAVEN meets TURF.....- Brandon
5. It's a fumble! Kid's recover remote.- Bobby Chauhan
6. I cheered. She jeered. Love's weird.- Brian
7. Your Mother's, now? The game's on....- Mark
8. Two caesareans timed, home 49er superbowls.- Carol Lyon
9. Got married because Farve lost playoffs.- Stephanie
10. girl loves football. Boy loves Girl!- Claire
11. Four Boys. Four smiles. One Dream.- Charlie
12. Lost. Should have gone to church.- Devin
13. My son getting his first tackle.- Jason
14. Watching football: Saturday's heroes, Sunday's superstars.- Hyrum
15. "Ready set: Hike... Fumblerooski Touchdown...Priceless!"- Jeffrey
16. Stadium parking $40, car towed $352.- Linda Johnson
17. Football, you had me at kickoff.- Matt
18. Flag thrown. Beer spills. Ref blind?- Micaela
19. Two seconds, Hail Mary; I believe!- Ron Weinstein
20. They started under friday night lights.- Edward
21. Pigskin follies, whistled nightmares, broken dreams!- Dave
22. One inch, he's in! We win!- Jason Urmston
23. Snip. "TV's broken...!?!" "Again? Shame!" (Yes!)- Mike
24. Season tickets. Summer Funeral. Missing Dad.- Wade Palmer
Thanks for sharing your writing skills everybody!
Congrats are also in order for our randomly selected Winners of Our Thanksgiving Recipe Contest!
Gary Vincent, from Tooele, UT won the 10 pc. Holiday Cookware Set!
Mariela Rogers, from Roseville, CA won the Turkey Roaster and Turkey Platter!
Check out all of the amazing Thanksgiving recipes that readers have submitted! Happy Thanksgiving!
Posted by Andie on November 19, 2010
Because my very favorite holiday is less than a week away, because christmas music is already playing on the radio, because it's finally Friday, and just because I love ya........ I'm going to give you blog readers a little one week early sneak peak to my very favorite RC Willey black friday door busters!
SSSHHHHHH. You truly are the very first to know, since the ad and email aren't going public for another 4 days. But I just can't contain myself....
I never was too good at keeping secrets as a kid...
Here are my fave's!
Black Bedroom Set, for $399.99
(Savings of $750!)
8GB ipod Nano with video, for $99.95
(Savings of $50!)
24" Decorative Wall Clock, for $19.99
(Savings of $70)
Coffee Upholstered 2pc. Sectional, for $499.99
(Savings of $500!)
For these, and more amazing deals, make sure you mark your calendar to visit an RC Willey location on the morning of Black Friday, November 26th!
Posted by Andie on November 17, 2010
I've always been fascinated with the art of napkin folding. As a child, I'd practice the folds my mother taught me, and experiment with creating my own. As an adult, one of the toughest decisions I faced while planning my wedding was which type of napkin fold I wanted for our wedding dinner. My then-fiance didn't understand what the fuss was about because "nobody is going to even notice what the napkin looks like". Wrong. The napkin is a central part of the dining experience.
The good news is that my husband still married me, in spite of my freakiness. What's funny is that I honestly can't remember which napkin fold I ended up choosing!
Anyway. I digress.
Since Thanksgiving is approaching next week, I decided to post some handy napkin folding instructions, courtesy of napkinfoldingguide.com for those of you who are like me and like to plan well ahead!
The Bird (or Turkey!) Of Paradise Napkin Fold
This is a classic and classy napkin folding technique that requires a stiff napkin. If you don't have any dinner napkins made of stiff linen then a light starching should fix you right up.
1. Lay the napkin face down in front of you.
2. Fold the napkin in half.
3. Fold the napkin in quarters.
4. Fold the napkin in half diagonally, creating a triangle.
5. Orient the triangle so the open tip is facing away from you.
6. Fold the right corner diagonally towards you - laying it down along the centerline of the triangle, making a new tip pointing towards you. An iron can make this important fold a whole lot easier.
7. Do the same with the left corner, fold it diagonally toward you and press it down next to the previous fold. Now you have a diamond, you're rich! Yay!
8. Fold the two "wings" that you just made in folds 6 and 7 under so that you have your original triangle shape back. Once again an iron can make a world of difference.
9. Fold the triangle in half by bringing the center seam towards you and allowing the ends to fall.
10. This bird's almost ready to fly, but first you must give it some feathers. While holding the base firmly to keep your folds together, pull up the four 'flaps' created by the napkin's corners.
Finished Product! Beautiful!!
Posted by Andie on November 12, 2010
Thanksgiving is just a mere two weeks away now!
What are you going to be cooking? We'll be having Thanksgiving at my parent's house this year with over 35 guests! I just got my food assignment; I'm supposed to bring a non-pie dessert (for those of us in my family that don't like pie.) HELP! What should I bring?
I believe it's time for our annual Room to Talk Thanksgiving Recipe Contest to begin! For those of you who didn't participate last year, here's how it works. Become a follower of this blog if you aren't already, then simply submit one of your tastiest, tried and true Thanksgiving recipes by Nov. 24th! You'll get a gift certificate that you can bring in to any RC Willey location to redeem a free 3 piece knife set! Plus, I'll post all of the Thanksgiving recipes I receive online so that we can all get some new ideas this year when we start cooking! I'm a big believer in trying new recipes...
Oh, and just for kicks, I am going to give away this brand new holiday pan set to aid one recipe submitter in their cooking/baking/eating extravaganza this November 25th...
And I'm going to give another participant this roaster and pretty turkey platter so that they can impress their mother in law when she comes for dinner....
For a chance to win the set of pans or the turkey roaster and platter, just submit your recipe! The winners of the pan set and platter will be randomly chosen from our pool of recipe submitters on November 21st....just in time for Thanksgiving!
Can't wait to see your recipes!
Check out the awesome recipes that have been submitted!
Posted by Andie on November 10, 2010
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. My kitchen is comparable to the size of a coat closet. And that's being quite generous. Luckily we're not home that often, and there's only two of us when we are, and so it works for now.
I must admit, however, that I look forward to the day when I can get a kitchen upgrade! For us, it will take moving to a new place, but for those of you who are ready to upgrade your kitchen right this second, you're in luck! RC Willey is going to give one of you lucky blends a brand new kitchen!
Start imagining these new appliances in your home.....
Like what you see? Visit our Frigidaire 4Pc. Kitchen Contest Page and enter to win!!!
Posted by Andie on November 5, 2010
No season makes me want to act as hostess more than autumn. Whether you're throwing a huge Thanksgiving meal, a small dinner party, or you just want a little more fall flair on your kitchen table, check out these fall centerpiece ideas. Incorporate whatever items around the house that you can find and get creative!
Images courtesy Better Homes & Gardens
Posted by Andie on November 2, 2010
I'm going to be honest. I don't know much about the latest video games, but I used to love playing the original Super Mario Bros. game growing up. In my opinion, this was Nintendo at its finest. Sometimes I wish I could find that old gameboy...
The Super Mario Bros. NES game was born in 1985....
Can you believe these two have been around for 25 years now?
There is good news for all of you Super Mario Bros. and Nintendo lovers alike. Nintendo is coming out with a whole new lineup of products this holiday season, launching November 7th! A few of them are special limited edition products in celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the original Super Mario Bros. Game and will only be available while supplies last. So make sure you buy early this year!
The lineup of products launching Nov. 7 includes:
• Red Wii Bundle: This limited-edition Wii hardware comes in beautiful red to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the original Super Mario Bros. game. The bundle includes New Super Mario Bros.™ Wii and a new red Wii Remote Plus controller, in addition to all the other included items, like Wii Sports™ and a red Nunchuk™ controller. It will be available while supplies last at a suggested retail price of just $199.99.
• Red Nintendo DSi XL Bundle: This special-edition Nintendo DSi XL bundle is also red in honor of the 25th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. and features three iconic Super Mario Bros.-themed graphics. The bundle comes with Mario Kart™ DS, which looks gorgeous on the extra-large screen. That's in addition to the pre-loaded software of Brain Age™ Express: Arts & Letters, Brain Age Express: Math and Photo Clock. It will be available while supplies last at a suggested retail price of just $179.99.
• Wii Remote Plus: This new controller combines the original, iconic Wii Remote™ controller with built-in Wii MotionPlus functionality. The compact Wii Remote Plus controller offers players precision motion controls all in one unit. It becomes the new standard Wii controller, and will be available from now on in all Wii hardware packages and bundles, as well as sold separately at a suggested retail price of $39.99.
• FlingSmash™ Bundle: The new Wii game combines the hands-on fun of tennis with the nonstop action and instant gratification of pinball. It requires use of the Wii MotionPlus accessory, so it seemed natural to bundle it with the new Wii Remote Plus controller. For a suggested retail price of $49.99, shoppers get to enjoy both the game and the controller in one package.
*info from Nintendo of America
Visit our RC Willey locations or rcwilley.com for more product details after the Nov. 7th launch!