Posted by Andie on November 5, 2014
Fall has been uncharacteristically warm here in Utah this year. Many of my Halloween memories as a kid include trick-or-treating in the freezing cold..... but this year it was a balmy 75 degrees on October 31st! With the weather so much warmer than normal, I still haven't done much "winterizing" to my house yet. Have you? As much as I'm hoping for a 65 degree Christmas I don't think it'll happen:) So, when things start cooling down outside, here are 5 simple changes you can make to your house in half an hour or less that will get you ready for the lower temperatures.....
1. Warm things up by bringing out blankets, quilts & throws for the sofa.
2. Add more lamps to light each room, and turn them on!
3. Pile on the pillows! The more texture they have, the better. You might want to consider switching out summery, floral prints for neutrals.
4. Place an umbrella stand or a boot tray in your foyer in preparation for rainy/snowy weather.
5. Bring on the fall scents--- pick up a new candle or create your own potpourri!