Posted by Andie on April 17, 2015
"A room without books is like a body without a soul." - Marcus Tullius Cicero
Hey everyone- Andie here!
So, I'm probably the last person on planet earth to make the jump, but I just got a kindle a few months ago. It took me a while to embrace the idea. For the longest time I was pretty adamantly against it because I felt like I was selling out on books! I mean hello, you kind of can't beat the feel & smell & experience of holding a beautiful, tangible book in your hands, right? Well, despite being a hater at first, I have to admit that I really enjoy my kindle. I love that I can throw it in my purse and read when I get a few extra minutes on the go, and that I essentially have an entire library of books with me at all times! Now that's power!
While I'm certainly a fan of the convenience & ease of the kindle, I still swoon at the sight of a pretty book collection that is tastefully & artfully displayed! Most of us have somewhat of a book collection in our homes, but how you present it changes things! Have you put time & thought into how your books are arranged and presented, or are they just haphazardly thrown onto a shelf? Here are a few ideas to spice up the way your book collection looks:
- Snag a unique bookshelf (like some of the shelves pictured below). Total show stopper!
- Organize by color. I'm way too disorganized to do this, but it looks amazing!!
- Wrap your ugly books in colorful wrapping paper or wall paper to make them look prettier on your shelf.
- Organize by genre.
- Organize by book title.
- Organize by author's name.
- Organize by size of book.
- Organize by preference or reading order. (Which books are your classic standbys, and which ones haven't you read yet?)
Any other ideas? What am I missing here? How do you organize your books? And now, for some inspiration........