Posted by RC Willey Community on January 5, 2017
My name is Alyssa and I’m new here! I’m a new mom living in a new house that my husband and I are renovating. This is the second home we’ve worked on and I love taking something used and making it into my own. I also love traveling and collecting interesting things for my home. Thanks for reading my blogs!
When I first found out I was pregnant, I quickly found out that “baby necessities” can often mean expensive gadgets that have to be stored somewhere. We live in a small house and while it’d be awesome to have a nursery packed with everything on my wishlist, it’s just not realistic for our finances or our space. Now that my daughter is seven months old, I’ve realized that there are five main things, along with a couple of onesies, that I must have to keep everything running smoothly. If you want to learn more about anything below, just click the picture!
1. Obviously the baby needs somewhere to sleep and I love the simplicity of this crib. The drawers underneath also give us some much-needed storage.
2. I love using a backpack as a diaper bag. It’s way more comfortable, my hands are free, and my husband is much more willing to wear a backpack than carry a side bag.
3. I use this stroller/car seat combo every day. The car seat clicks into the stroller without ever having to take the baby out, and now that my daughter is starting to sit, she can ride in the stroller without the car seat as well.
4. Diapers and wipes. Buy them in bulk and store them all over your house, all over your car, all over your body. I have learned this the hard way.
5. Always have an extra set of baby clothes in your bag. There is nothing worse than being in the grocery store parking lot in the middle of a snowstorm and realizing that your baby may be riding home in just her diaper. Again, I have learned this the hard way.
When I asked my husband what he thought was most the important thing to have for a new baby, he didn’t even hesitate before he said a washer and dryer. Considering how many loads we do a week, he’s probably right! Is there anything I left off my list that’s a must have baby item? Let me know and check out more baby items at RC Willey.