Posted by Andie on February 3, 2018
Happy February! I am head over heels for all things Valentine's day, so get ready! Today I wanted to share a fun little V-day hanging hearts craft that will brighten up your home this month! They are darling, and super simple to make. It's a perfect activity for kids, or you can always grab some popcorn, turn on a chick flick, and enjoy a couple hours crafting to yourself:) Read on for directions!
Things You'll need:
Cute Paper (preferable several different V-day patterns and colors)
Here's how you can make your own hearts...
1. Cut out 4 hearts. They must be the exact same size. (I created a master heart to trace, and it worked out well). They can all be the same pattern of paper, or different.
2. Fold each heart in half.
3. Glue one half of the back of a heart, to another half of a heart, and continue gluing all of your hearts together until you've made a three dimensional heart. (There will be four sides to a giant heart.)
4. Lay your 3-D heart down flat, and punch a hole in the top, and the bottom.
5. Get a piece of twine (you can make it as short or as long as you want) and thread it through the top hole, leaving an even amount of twine on each side. Tie a square knot.
6. String your twine with colorful beads! As many as you want!
7. After stringing your beads, tie another square knot. Determine how long you want your heart to hang, and then tie another square knot at the very end of the twine.
8. Repeat Steps 5-7 on the lower hole of your heart.
9. Hang from a light fixture, window, ceiling, or fireplace!