Posted by Alyssa on February 28, 2018
I don’t know what it is, but I take the idea of spring cleaning very seriously. As soon as it starts feeling even the least bit like spring, I start itching to deep clean my house. Yes, I often get started and then burn out before I finish the entire house, but when I can get my entire home seriously cleaned, I feel awesome! It’s gotten a lot harder to keep my house clean and get into seriously cleaning up now that I have a toddler running around and undoing everything I’ve done, but I’ve listed some house cleaning tips that have helped me and some that I want to start using below. Hope they help you as well!
House Cleaning Tips
- Use floor cleaner when mopping your floors. You can make your own or use something you’ve found from the store - either way you’ll end up with sparkling floors!
- Don’t forget to look at your vents. Somehow those things are super forgettable and therefore end up covered with a deep layer of dust. Use a vacuum to suck up as much dust as possible, then wipe it down with some warm, soapy water. You’ll be shocked at what a difference it makes.
- Water stains on your shower doors can make your bathroom look dingy. One quick way you can get rid of those stains is by cutting a lemon in half, dipping one half in baking soda, and then rubbing it on the glass door. Apparently, it’ll leave your shower doors shiny and clean! I can’t wait to try this myself.
- Keep a basket by the front door to store shoes and keep dirt and grime off your floors. By not wearing shoes indoors you’ll minimize the amount of time you spend sweeping and mopping.
- Deodorize any soft cushions in your home like the dog bed. Sprinkle baking soda onto the cushion, let it sit for 15 minutes, and then vacuum it up. What an easy way to keep things smelling fresh!
- Write in your calendar two or three times a year a reminder to wash your pillows and comforters. Follow the instructions on the tag for washing. If you end up putting your pillows or comforters in your dryer, make sure you throw in some tennis balls to help keep your pillow fluffy.
What are some house cleaning tips that have never failed you? Let us know!