Posted by Alyssa on August 10, 2019
I generally pride myself on keeping our home smell like there is no animal living in the house, but the other day I walked in and caught a whiff. There was definitely a dog smell in our house and I immediately set to work figuring out where it came from. After giving my dog a bath and letting her dry off outside, the smell was gone! Thank goodness.
Is there a dog smell in your home? Are you tired of having your house smell like a pet store? There are a few simple things you can do to keep your home smelling fresh and clean.
How to Get Rid of Pet Smell in Your Home
- Keep your pet bathed and groomed.
- Vacuum up any dog hair, including on pet beds and any furniture your pet may sit on.
- Sweep and mop your hard floors frequently. If you pets shed you may need to do this more often.
- Use an air purifier to trap allergen particles and keep the air in your home clean.
- Immediately pick up and clean any messes in your home. If needed, use a pet odor eliminator.
- Wash your pet bed frequently. Most beds have a removable cover you can toss into the washing machine.
- Open your windows and let the fresh air in!
- Change the air filter in your home.
Good luck keeping your home smelling nice and clean!