Posted by Alyssa on November 30, 2017
LG and Samsung both provide the top quality when it comes to TVs. Both these brands provide the latest technology and features, but how do you know which one will be best for you? Both LG and Samsung TVs can vary in quality depending on how much you spend and which specific TV you choose. This can make it a little difficult to give a direct comparison between the two, but there is one big difference between the two.
LG vs Samsung TV
LG TVs have begun to put their focus on creating OLED displays. OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diodes) is a light emitting technology that is able to light up without needing a backlight. This makes them thinner and more efficient than other displays. Not only are these screens thinner, OLED displays are able to provide some of the best images you’ll see. Because individual pixels can be shut down while others around them still emit light, OLED displays can create an absolute black, creating deep contrasts between colors.
On the other hand, Samsung has focused more on creating QLED (Quantum Dot LED) displays. These displays have a backlight that shines through colored filters to create an image on the screen. QLED creates a wide variety of colors because of the quantum dots, or the particles the light filters through. The backlight also gives a bright white and brighter colors.
Really, which TV you purchase will depend on your preference between the two displays. Coming into the store and seeing the difference for yourself will help you determine which one is for you!
Do you prefer LG or Samsung TVs?
Follow Us Online
- 3 Incredible Benefits of Air Fry Cooking (And How to Choose the Air Fryer That’s Right for You)
- Living Room Refresh With @simplyminedesigns
- Living Room Refresh With @galvanized_chic_boutique
- 7 Tips for Online Shopping
- The Perfect Patio
- Farmhouse Inspiration
- Living Room Refresh With @greybirchdesigns
- Ring Doorbell
- Dining Room Colors
- White Bathroom Ideas
- Trick or Treat Alternatives
- ► 2021 (1)
- ► 2020 (6)
- ► 2019 (112)
- ► 2018 (258)
- ▼ 2017 (342)
- ► December (31)
- ▼ November (28)
- LG or Samsung TVs?
- Christmas Trees: Live vs. Artificial
- Wired vs. Wireless Headphones
- Sony or Samsung TV?
- Wii U vs PS4
- 10 Christmas Home Decor Essentials
- December 2017 Video Game Releases
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Black Friday Sales
- Wii U vs Xbox One
- What is Roku TV?
- How to Prepare for House Guests This Holiday Season
- Nate Berkus at RC Willey
- Iphone 7 Headphones
- November 2017 Video Game Releases
- How Do Noise Cancelling Headphones Work?
- Earbuds vs. Headphones
- How to Create a Classy Man Cave
- PS4's Best Games
- Drawer Construction 101
- October 2017 Video Game Releases
- 10 Things to Consider When Shopping for Furniture
- How to Use and Connect Bluetooth Headphones
- Thanksgiving Menu
- How to Safely Dispose of Prescription Medications
- PS4 or Xbox One?
- Chromecast vs. Apple TV
- 7 Ways to Practice Gratitude This Month
- ► October (30)
- ► September (27)
- ► August (30)
- ► July (28)
- ► June (32)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (31)
- ► March (28)
- ► February (29)
- ▼ January (17)
- Creating an Inviting Living Room
- Designing a Home Office
- Best Family Room Seating for the Big Game
- 5 Ways to Host the Perfect Dinner Party
- TVs and Sound Systems for the Big Game
- Dining Benches
- 5 Tips for Getting Organized
- Dinner Conversation Starters
- Mindful Eating
- Decorating with Houseplants
- Revamping Your Fireplace
- Using Baskets to Organize Your Home
- Sleeping Better this Year
- Pantone's Color of the Year
- 5 Great Podcasts
- How to Pick a Treadmill
- 5 Things You Need for a New Baby
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (21)