CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS NOTICE
Last updated: July 2023
According to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), as well as the amendments made by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (CPRA), we are obligated to provide comprehensive information to California residents regarding RC Willey's practices concerning the collection, use, disclosure, sale, sharing, and retention of Personal Information (PI). This portion of the RC Willey Resident's Notice applies only to residents of California and is provided in addition to the statements made in our main Privacy Statement.
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR INFORMATION
Although we do not sell PI in exchange for money, some of the ways in which we share PI for advertising or marketing may be considered “sales” or “sharing” under California law.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect PI directly from you, your family and friends, our affiliates, social media networks, advertising networks, etc. Not all categories of PI are collected from each source.
SOURCES OF PI
(These are in addition to the items found in the section “What Information Do We Collect” from our general Privacy Statement)
In the past 12 months, RC Willey may have collected, retained, used, and disclosed the following categories of information about its California customers:
- Identifiers, including but not limited to name, address (mailing, delivery and billing), online identifier(s), IP (Internet Protocol) address, email address, and account name.
- Unique personal identifiers, such as device identifiers, cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or other similar technology; customer numbers, unique pseudonyms, or user aliases; telephone numbers, or other persistent or probabilistic identifiers that can identify a specific consumer or device.
- PI described in California's Customer Records statute (California Civil Code § 1798.80(e)), including signature, physical traits or description, telephone number, education, employment, employment history, etc.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law and are considered “sensitive PI,” items such as race, color, gender/sex, gender identity/expression, disability; age (40 years and older); religion (including religious dress and grooming practices); national origin, citizenship, residency, date or place of birth, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status, political affiliations, or languages.
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, acquired, or contemplated, along with other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity data, such as browsing history, search history, and information about a consumer's interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Professional or employment-related information and education information.
- Inferences derived from the above information may be used to create a profile reflecting the consumer's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
SHARING OF PI
In the 12 months preceding the Last Updated Date of this Privacy Statement, we may have disclosed the following categories of PI described above as “identifiers,” characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, commercial information, internet or other electronic network activity information, audio, electronic, visual, and similar information, professional or employment-related information, education information, and inferences drawn from any of the above information to our affiliates, vendors, and joint marketing providers. We disclose PI to service providers, vendors facilitating interest-based and other advertising and marketing, and our affiliates for specific business purposes, such as;
- Performing services on our behalf
- Auditing related to ad impressions
- Ensuring security and integrity of PI
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, non-personalized advertising
- Providing advertising and marketing services (except for cross-context behavioral advertising)
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us
- Processing, maintaining, or collecting PI on our behalf
- Detecting or protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity
Generally, we disclose the following categories of PI to for the business purposes listed above:
- Identifiers (as detailed in “Sources of PI” above)
- PI as described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)
- Characteristics of protected classifications
- Commercial Information
- Internet usage or other electronic network activity information
- Geolocation data
- Professional or employment-related information
We do not use or disclose Sensitive PI for purposes to which the right to limit use and disclosure applies under the CCPA/CPRA.
RETENTION OF PI
We retain the categories of PI mentioned above for as long as necessary for the purposes described in this Notice or as authorized by law. This generally includes maintaining PI for managing operations or a customer's relationship with us, carrying out disclosed purposes, protecting our rights or property, or complying with applicable laws or regulations.
- The PI is reasonably necessary to manage our operations, to manage a customer’s relationship with us, or to satisfy another purpose for which we collected the PI.
- The PI is reasonably necessary to carry out a disclosed purpose that is reasonably compatible with the context in which the PI was collected.
- The PI is reasonably required to protect or defend our rights or property (which will generally relate to applicable laws that limit actions in a particular case); or
- We are otherwise required or permitted to keep Consumer PI by applicable laws or regulations.
- Where PI is used for more than one purpose, we will retain it until the purpose with the latest period expires. For more information about our retention policies, please contact us using the contact details below.
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights regarding your PI. When submitting requests, please use the forms below and/or contact RC Willey by phone at 1-800-429-7473
|Right to Know||Consumer Request Form|
|Right to Correct||Consumer Request Form|
|Right to Limit||Right to Limit Form|
|Right to Opt Out||Right to Opt Out Form|
|Right to Delete||Right to Delete Form|
|Right to Non-Discrimination||You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercising your privacy rights under the CCPA.|
- Right to know: You have the right to know what PI we have collected about you, including the categories of PI, sources from which we collected PI, business or commercial purposes for collecting, selling, or sharing PI, categories of third parties to whom we disclose PI, and the specific pieces of PI collected about you.
- Right to correct: You have the right to correct inaccurate PI we hold about you.
- Right to limit use or disclosure: If we use or disclose sensitive PI for purposes not allowed by the CCPA and its regulations, you have the right to limit our use or disclosure.
- Right to opt out: If we sell or share PI, you have the right to opt out of such sales or sharing.
- Right to delete: You have the right to request the deletion of PI we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
Safeguarding your privacy is of utmost importance to RC Willey. To ensure the protection of your PI and process your requests effectively, we follow a verification process. When we receive a request, we need to verify that the individual submitting the request is the relevant California consumer or an authorized agent acting on their behalf. To verify the identity of a California consumer and process their rights request, we may ask for a maximum of three pieces of PI. This information will be used solely for comparison against our records. Additionally, we may request a signed declaration under the penalty of perjury from the consumer whose PI is the subject of the request. Any PI provided in your request will be used exclusively for the purpose of verifying your identity and responding to your request. We may also take further measures to verify the identity of California consumers if we suspect any fraudulent activity related to the request.
You have the option to designate an Authorized Agent, either an individual or a business registered with the California Secretary of State, to act on your behalf for submitting requests. If you choose to utilize an Authorized Agent, we require you to provide written permission to authorize them for this purpose. Additionally, we will need you to verify your identity. It is important to note that failure to provide the necessary authorization and identity verification may lead to our denial of your request.
On occasion, a financial incentive may be offered in exchange for your PI. For example, a monetary discount towards future purchases when joining an email subscribers list or when entering a drawing or giveaway for products, services, or cash. This PI will be retained and used for future marketing communications and is considered an “opting in” to future communications. Subscribers in these scenarios and others may opt out using the same steps found below. Any financial incentives offered through these methods differ from those promotions offered to Blue Rewards Members.
California Proposition 65
RC Willey is committed to compliance to California's Proposition 65.
ADDITIONAL CALIFORNIA NOTICES
California's "Shine the Light" law allows residents to request information about our disclosure of PI to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share PI as defined by California Civil Code § 1798.83 ("Shine the Light" law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
As stated in our general Privacy Statement, the PI we share consists of cookie and/or pixel information that is shared with analytics, marketing, advertising, and social media vendors related to internet-based advertising and other internet services used by RC Willey. We do not knowingly collect or sell the PI of persons under the age of 16 nor is our website designed to target, attract, or be used by those under the age of 16.
MORE ON HOW TO SUBMIT REQUESTS
You can interact with our webform, email, call, or send a request via U.S. Mail to the address below.
Phone Toll-Free: 1-800-429-7473
RC Willey Corporate Offices
ATTN: Privacy Manager
2301 S 300 W
Salt Lake City, UT 84115