RC Willey Privacy Statement
Last Updated: July 2023
Welcome to RC Willey! The security and privacy of your personal information are of utmost importance to us. We want you to feel at ease when visiting RCWilley.com. Our commitment is to safeguard privacy by implementing necessary measures to secure any data we collect from our visitors.
Before providing any information to RC Willey, we ask you to carefully review this Privacy Statement. It applies to all information you provide to us after being presented with or directed to this statement, including information shared with our service representatives (e.g. customer service associates, installation or assembly professionals, and in-store salespeople) or when you communicate with us via letter, email, chat, or social media posts. This Privacy Statement also applies to all locations where it is presented, including the footers of our website.
This Privacy Statement explains how RC Willey Home Furnishings ("RC Willey," "we," "us," "our") collects, uses, stores, and shares your information in the following situations: (1) when you access and use our website (located at www.rcwilley.com) or our mobile application; (2) when you purchase our products or services; (3) when you visit our physical store locations; (4) when you communicate with us through any means; and (5) when we interact with certain third parties, e.g. our service providers.
DEFINITION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION (PI)
In this Privacy Statement, Personal Information or “PI,” is defined as information that directly or indirectly identifies, relates to, describes, or could reasonably be linked to a specific individual or household, including specific residents of California or their households. PI does not include publicly available, deidentified, or aggregated information, or truthfully obtained information that is a matter of public concern. The specific categories of PI collected may vary depending on a consumer's interaction with RC Willey.
By accessing and/or using our website, products, stores, or by communicating with us in any manner, you confirm that you have read and understood this Privacy Statement.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect some or all of the following information from you in several ways, including but not limited to, as you interact with our website, review, or purchase our products, visit our stores, or communicate with us, etc.
- Contact Information: Your first and last name, mailing address, delivery address, email address, and telephone number.
- Account Credentials: Your username, password, security questions, and information used for authentication and account access.
- Demographic Information: Your age, gender, zip code, country, income, previous or current employers, etc.
- Billing Information: Your payment information (e.g., credit or debit card number), expiration date, security code, bank account information, or other financial information provided by you when purchasing our products or when logging into your customer account to make payments.
- Profile Information: Your interests, preferences, purchasing history, and favorites.
- Information Capture: Current or Former Employees along with any applicants for jobs at RC Willey may have additional information captured and retained for human resources purposes.
- Applications: Applications for RC Willey Financing, interactions with one’s Financing Customer Account and customer outreach by our Accounting, Collections or Finance Teams may utilize and require additional PI beyond a standard website visitor.
- Communications Content: Any messages you send to us e.g. feedback and questions to customer support, information you publicly post on our website or other website (e.g. product reviews or blog comments), email messages, recordings of telephone calls with customer service or other RC Willey representatives, and interactions with us on our social media channels.
- Surveillance Information: Surveillance footage from our stores is stored for later reference but does not include any kind of facial recognition software for tracking or marketing.
- Information Collected Automatically: When you visit our website, information about your device hardware and software is automatically collected, including your IP (Internet Protocol) address, browser type, domain name, access times, geographic location, referring website address, and other technical information. For more information about how we collect this information using cookies and related technologies, please refer to the "Cookies & Related Technologies" section below.
- Third-Party Information: We may collect information about you from third parties, including for fraud protection purposes, credit checks, address verification, account authentication and verification, and other related business and commercial purposes.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use the information we collect from and about you for the following purposes:
- Improve our website and products
- Offer our website and products to you
- Deliver our products to you
- Personalize our website and products
- Provide you with information about our website, products, and stores
- Provide customer service
- Ensure security and detect fraud and illegal activities
- Conduct research and analytics
- Fulfill your requests
- Communicate with you
- Facilitate business transactions, e.g. mergers, acquisitions, asset sales, bankruptcies, or other related proceedings
- Measure ad effectiveness, deliver ads, and personalize our website and products for you
- Comply with the law, enforce our policies, or respond to legal requests e.g. subpoenas
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
Depending on the circumstances, we may share your information in the following ways:
- With Your Consent: We may disclose, share, or make your information available with your consent, which can be obtained in several ways e.g. in writing, online, through "click-through" agreements, orally, or via social media and mobile/SMS communications.
- With Service Providers & Business Partners: We may disclose, share, or make your information available to third-party service providers, business partners, and other third parties who help us provide our website, products, and customer service. This includes credit/debit card and ACH processing partners, shipping partners, customer service providers, auditors, law firms, marketing and advertising networks, internet service providers, data analytics providers, and third parties who assist in protecting against fraudulent or illegal activity.
- For Legal Process & Protection: We may disclose, share, or make your information available to satisfy any legal obligation, enforce agreements, protect our rights or interests, or respond to governmental requests. This includes situations where we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to enforce agreements, protect our rights or interests, or in connection with claims, disputes, litigation, or the appropriate calculation of taxes, fees, or other obligations to a government entity.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
This Privacy Statement only applies to information collected by our website. We are not responsible for the privacy of any information you disclose or post in public forums, or for the privacy practices of websites operated or owned by third parties. Our website may contain links to third-party websites and services, which operate independently and have their own privacy policies and notices. We encourage you to review these policies or notices before engaging with those websites. We do not endorse or make representations about the informational content, products, services, software, or other materials available on another website.
COOKIES & RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
TYPES OF COOKIES USED
- Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for you to browse the site's webpages and use their features, e.g. accessing secure areas of the site. Without these cookies, certain aspects of the site may not be available to you. We collect information about how you use the site, e.g. which pages you most often visit, the time you spend, which links you click on, and any issues encountered. These necessary cookies help us understand how visitors interact with the site. All information collected is aggregated and does not identify you.
- Preferences Cookies: These cookies collect information about how you have used the site in the past and allow the site to remember the choices you have made. These cookies allow us to improve how the site works for you and tailor the site to your preferences.
- Marketing Cookies: These cookies track your online activity to help deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests and measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They also limit how many times you see a certain advertisement. We may share the information collected through these cookies with others, e.g. advertisers.
Our website and some of our email communications may contain small electronic files known as beacons (also known as web beacons, clear GIFs, pixel tags, single-pixel GIFS) that permit us to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email communication, and for other related statistical analysis. Beacons in email marketing campaigns allow us to track your responses and your interests in our content, offerings, and website. You may use tools within your device to disable these technologies.
HOW DO WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
Although no system or website can guarantee complete security, we take commercially reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. If you suspect any unauthorized activity associated with your account, please report it to us immediately.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION?
We retain your information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, our business needs, and our legal and regulatory obligations. When disposing of your information, we do so in a commercially reasonable manner considering its sensitivity.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Our website is not designed for or directed at children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect PI from individuals we know are under the age of 16. Parents or guardians are encouraged to supervise their children's internet activities and educate them about protecting their PI online. If a child has provided us with PI, a parent or guardian may contact us to have the information deleted.
Depending on the relevant privacy laws of your state, RC Willey may sell personal data to third parties. If you are a resident of Colorado, Nevada or Utah, your personal data may be sold for targeted advertising purposes. Please contact us for information on exercising your state-specific rights by using the contact information found below.
- For California residents, please refer to our California Residents Notice for information on your privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA).
NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- While we do not currently sell covered information of Nevada consumers (as those terms are defined by Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes), you can contact us to register an email address to receive notice if our practices change in the future.
DO NOT SELL OR SHARE MY INFORMATION
|Necessary Cookies||Always Active. These are required for our site to function|
|Optional Cookies, Advertising Cookies and Other Advertising-Related Information Sharing|
Our website may collect information about your online activities across different websites. You can submit a request to opt out of sales by contacting us using one of the methods below. If you have privacy controls enabled on your browser, we will also treat that as a valid opt-out request.
If you require this Privacy Statement or other notices in an alternative format due to disability or preference, please contact us using the information below.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, please contact us using one of the methods below.
Phone Toll-Free: 1-800-429-7473
RC Willey Corporate Offices
ATTN: Privacy Manager
2301 S 300 W
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
We may update this Privacy Statement periodically. Changes will be reflected on this page and, where appropriate, communicated through other electronic means. Material changes will be posted prominently. Please check this page regularly for updates.