Last Updated: Jul 20, 2022
What Type of Information Do We Collect?
We collect your information when you interact with our Sites, purchase our Products, visit our Stores, Communicate with us, and when we engage with Third Parties.
Information Provided by You
We collect the following information directly from you when you interact with our Sites, Products, visit our Stores, or Communicate with us:
- Contact Information, such as your first and last name, mailing address, delivery address, email address, and telephone number.
- Account Credentials, including your username, password, password hints, and information used for authentication and account access.
- Demographic Information, such as your age, gender, zip code, and country.
- Billing Information, such as your payment information (e.g., credit or debit card number), expiration date, security code, bank account information, or other financial information provided by you when purchasing our Products.
- Profile Information, such as your interests, preferences, purchasing history, favorites.
- Communications Content, such as any messages you send to us such as feedback and questions to customer support, information you publicly post on our Sites or other websites (such as product reviews or blog comments), e-mail messages, and recordings of telephone calls with customer service or other RC Willey representatives, and interactions with us on our social media channels.
- Surveillance Information, such as surveillance footage from our Stores.
Information Collected Automatically
Information Collected from Third Parties
We use a variety of Third Parties to provide you with the best possible experiences with our Sites, Products, and Stores. From time to time, we may collect information about you from those Third Parties, including for fraud protection purposes, credit checks, address verification, account authentication and verification, and other related business and commercial purposes.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
|Necessary Cookies||Always Active. These are required for our site to function|
|Optional Cookies, Advertising Cookies and Other Advertising-Related Information Sharing|
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use the information we’ve collected from and about you for the following purposes:
- Improve our Sites and Products;
- Offer our Sites and Products to you;
- Deliver our Products to you;
- Personalize our Sites and Products;
- Provide you with information about our Sites, Products, and Stores;
- Customer service;
- Security and to detect fraud and illegal activities;
- Research and analytical purposes;
- To fulfil your requests;
- To Communicate with you;
- To facilitate a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, asset sale, bankruptcy, or other related proceeding;
- Ad measurement purposes, delivery of ads, marketing, and other ways to personalize our Sites and Products for you; and
- To comply with the law, enforce our policies, or respond to a legal request such as a subpoena.
How Do We Share Your Information?
Depending on the circumstances, we may share your information in the following circumstances:
- With Your Consent. We may disclose, share, or make available your information with your consent, which may be obtained in writing, online, through “click-through” agreements, when you accept our terms for our Sites, orally (including over the telephone), or by other means such as communications through our various social media channels, and mobile/SMS communications.
- With Service Providers & Business Partners. We may disclose, share, or make available your information with our third-party service providers, business partners, and other third parties, such as credit / debit card processing partners, partners that facilitate billing, shipping, and customer service, third-party auditors and law firms, marketing and advertising networks (including those that provide ad measurement services), internet service providers, data analytics providers, companies that help debug and identify and repair errors that may impair the functionality of our Sites, and third parties that help protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
- In A Business Transfer. We may disclose, share, or make available your information as part of a business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition, joint venture, corporate reorganization, financing, or sale of company assets, or in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which such information could be transferred to third parties as a business asset in the transaction.
- For Legal Process & Protection. We may disclose, share, or make available your information to satisfy any law, regulation, legal process, governmental request, or where we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to: (1) enforce or apply agreements, or initiate, render, or bill for use of the Sites; (2) protect our rights or interests, property or safety or that of others; (3) in connection with claims, disputes, or litigation - in court or elsewhere; (4) protect users of our Sites and other carriers, providers, or partners from fraudulent, abusive, unlawful, or otherwise improper use of our Sites; (5) facilitate or verify the appropriate calculation of taxes, fees, or other obligations due to a local, state, or federal government.
Cookies & Related Technology
What Are Cookies? A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer or device when you visit a website or use an online service. The cookie then communicates with servers, ours (e.g., first-party cookies) or those of another third-party (e.g., third-party cookies) that we have authorized to place on our Sites. When you revisit our Sites, these cookies allow us to recognize your browser or device. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences, and other information.
How Long Do Cookies Last? We may use “session cookies” or “persistent cookies.” Session cookies are temporary and expire once you close your browser or once your session ends. Persistent cookies remain on your device for much longer or until you or your browser erases them. Persistent cookies have varying durations that are dependent on their expiration date. For more information about what cookies are being set, and their duration, you may visit our Cookie Manager Tool.
What Types of Cookies Do We Use?
- Necessary Cookies. These cookies are necessary for you to browse the Sites and use their features, such as accessing secure areas of the Sites. Without these cookies, certain aspects of the Sites may not be available to you.
- Preferences Cookies. These cookies collect information about how you have used the Sites in the past and allow the Sites to remember the choices you have made. These cookies allow us to improve how the Sites work for you and tailor the Sites to your preferences.
- Statistics Cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use the Sites, such as which pages you most often visit on the Sites, the time you spend on the Sites, which links you click on, and any issues encountered. These cookies help us understand how visitors interact with the Sites. All information collected is aggregated and does not identify you.
- Marketing Cookies. These cookies track your online activity to help deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests and measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They also limit how many times you see a certain advertisement. We may share the information collected through these cookies with others, such as advertisers.
Beacons. Our Sites, and some of our email communications, may from time to time contain small electronic files known as beacons (also known as web beacons, clear GIFs, pixel tags, single-pixel GIFS) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email communication, and for other related statistical analysis. Beacons in email marketing campaigns allow us to track your responses and your interests in our content, offerings, and Sites. You may use the tools in your device to disable these technologies as well.
Links To Third Party Sites
Our Sites, from time to time, may contain links to third-party websites and services. Please note that these links are provided for your convenience and information, and may operate independently from us and have their own privacy policies and/or notices. You are strongly encouraged to review such policies or notices. We do not endorse or make any representations or warranties concerning, and will not in any way be liable for, any informational content, products, services, software, or other materials available on other websites, even if one or more pages of the other websites are framed within, or linked to, a page of our Sites.
Do Not Track
Our Sites may, from time to time, collect information about your online activities, overtime time and across our Sites. Third parties may also collect information about your online activities, over time and across different internet websites, online or cloud computing services, online applications, or mobile applications. Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. Our Sites do not currently change the way they operate based upon detection of a “Do Not Track” or similar signal.
How Do We Store & Protect Your Information?
Although no system or website can guarantee the complete security of your information, we take all commercially reasonable steps to ensure your information is protected in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, as appropriate to the sensitivity of your information.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We keep your information for as long as necessary in accordance with the purposes for which it was collected, our business needs, and our legal and regulatory obligations. If we dispose of your information, we will do so in a way that is commercially reasonable taking into account the sensitivity of the information.
We provide you with the ability to exercise certain controls and choices about how we collect, use, share, and store your information.
Please note, for some of these rights (such as the Right to Access and Right to Delete), we may take steps to verify your identity by matching the information you provide with your request with the information we have on file about you. Depending on the sensitivity of the information at issue, we may utilize more stringent verification methods, including but not limited to requiring you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury.
To submit any of the requests below, or have a request submitted by your representative, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call us toll-free at 1-800-429-7473 to submit a request.
- Right of Access. Depending on where you live, you may have a right to ask that we disclose to you the categories and in some cases specific information we have collected about you in the 12 months preceding the date of your request, or as otherwise required under applicable law, including information about from where we collected this information and how it has been shared.
- Right to Delete. Depending on where you live, you may have the right to ask that we delete your information, subject to appropriate legal exceptions such as, but not limited to, if the information is necessary to complete a transaction with you, detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, comply with the law, or to use internally for purposes aligned with your expectations.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information. If you are a resident of California, you have a right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. Although we do not sell your personal information in the traditional sense, we do share some of your information, such as your IP address and other identifiers, with third-party advertising partners which may constitute a sale under California law. To exercise this right, you may send an email to email@example.com or visit Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
- Right to Change Preferences. If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email or text message, simply click the “unsubscribe” link in the email or reply STOP (or as otherwise instructed) to the message. Please note, you may not be able to unsubscribe from service-related correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your account and use of our Sites.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you in any way if you choose to exercise your rights under this section and applicable law.
- Changing Cookie / Related Technology Settings. To manage the cookies on our Sites, please see our Cookie Manager Tool. In addition, web browsers allow some control of most cookies through browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies through browser settings, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Sites. In addition to adjusting your browser and device settings, as outlined above, you may also control how cookies and related technologies are set and used on your device by visiting the following sites:
California ResidentsCalifornia Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
All terms and phrases used under this section have the same meaning as those phrases are defined under the CCPA and its implementing regulations, as amended (collectively, the “CCPA”).
Notice of Financial IncentiveMaterial Terms of Incentive
From time to time, we may provide discounts or financial incentives on our Sites in exchange for your personal information, such as your email address. We may use the information you provide to send you messages, market future services or Sites, and for other internal statistical purposes.How The Incentive Is Reasonably Related to The Personal Information Provided
Our discount program is based upon our reasonable but sole determination of the estimated value of the personal information California residents provide, which takes into consideration, without limitation, estimates regarding the anticipated revenue generated from such information, the anticipated expenses which might be incurred in the collection, storage, and use of such information in the operation of our business, and other relevant factors related to the estimated value of such information to our business, as permitted under applicable law.Opt-In
By providing your personal information when signing-up for a discount or financial incentive, you are affirmatively opting-in to our incentive program. If you wish to opt-out of the program, do not submit the personal information.Right to Withdraw
If you wish to withdraw from receiving a discount or sample, you may submit such a request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before completing your order.
- Notice of Disclosure for a Business Purpose. To learn more about the categories of personal information we have disclosed for business purposes about California residents in the past 12 months, please see What Type Of Information Do We Collect?, How Do We Use Your Information?, and How Do We Share Your Information?
- Notice of Sale. Although we do not sell your personal information in the traditional sense, we do share some of your information, such as your IP address and other identifiers, with third-party advertising partners which may constitute a sale under California law. We have shared this information in the past 12 months. We also do not have any actual knowledge of selling the personal information of any California resident who is 16 years or younger.
You have a Right to Access, Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information, a Right to Delete, and a right to exercise those rights free of discrimination. For more information about these rights, please see the Your Choices section above. To exercise your Right to Access or Right to Delete, you may send an email to email@example.com, call us toll-free at 1-800-429-7473, or complete the webform located here.
California Shine the Light
You may request information regarding the disclosure of your information by us to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please note that our response to these requests will be duplicative of and more limited than our response to Right of Access requests (described above). To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org in the subject line, “CALIFORNIA SHINE THE LIGHT REQUEST,” or write us at:RC Willey Corporate
Attn: Privacy Manager
2301 S 300 W
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
Phone: 1-801-461-3900RC Willey Corporate
Attn: Privacy Manager
2301 S 300 W
Salt Lake City, UT 84115