There is something about a well put together gallery wall that makes my heart sing! Sadly, all gallery walls are not created equally though. Anyone can throw a dozen picture frames on a wall and call it good, but it can be difficult to get it just right- looking complete without feeling too busy or nauseating. You know what I mean? It's tricky, at best.
While gallery walls have been deemed as "trendy" in the past, if you do it right, they can be timeless and classic and wonderful. Here are a few tips to get you started on creating an amazing gallery wall in your home....
- Don't stick to one media! Display a variety of art pieces- photographs, paintings, drawings, prints, etc.
- Curate your gallery wall over time. The best gallery walls aren't thrown together in a day. Be patient as you wait for your gallery wall to come to life.
- For a more cohesive gallery wall, stick to one or two colors for your frames.
- Start with one large anchor image, and work your way out from there. Incorporating large pieces of art makes a gallery wall feel mature and refined.
- Use 2-3" of spacing between art pieces. You don't want too big of a gap!!
Here are some beautiful examples of gallery walls that got it right!......