Posted by Alyssa on October 15, 2017
How To Clean A TV Screen
Dust, fingerprints, and smudges show up on your TV at some point or another, so it’s important to know how to clean your TV screen. You may be tempted to use the same rag you’ve been dusting with to scrub off a smear, but don’t! Flat screen TV screens are fragile and can be easily scratched or damaged, so make sure you follow these instructions when you clean your TV screen.
- Turn off your TV so the screen is dark. You’ll be able to see the dust and dirty areas easier on a black screen.
- Get a dry, soft cloth to gently wipe down the screen. We’re talking really soft - the same kind of microfiber cloth you use to clean your glasses. Paper towels, toilet paper, tissues, and washcloths can scratch your screen. And we’re talking really gentle. Pushing too hard will damage the screen.
- If your screen needs more cleaning to get the smudges off, don’t push harder to try and scrub them off. Get a soft cloth damp with water and gently clean the TV screen. Don’t use Windex or All-Purpose cleaners because the chemicals can permanently discolor the screen. You should also never spray liquid straight onto the screen.
There you have it! Be as gentle as possible, use the softest cloth you can find, and you’ll have the cleanest TV screen around.
Have you found anything that works for you when you clean your TV screen?
Follow Us Online
- Why You Should Buy a Tempur-Pedic Mattress
- Mattress Size Chart and Bed Dimensions Guide
- Building Good Credit in Every Stage of Life
- Best TVs for Sunday Football
- RC Willey Blue Rewards
- Surround Sound vs Soundbars. Which is Best for You?
- Valentine's Day Gift Ideas
- RC Willey in Reno, Nevada
- How to Arrange Sofas and Loveseats
- The Home Office of My Dreams
- RC Willey Furniture and Appliances in Boise, Idaho
- ► 2022 (15)
- ► 2021 (13)
- ► 2020 (6)
- ► 2019 (110)
- ► 2018 (246)
- ▼ 2017 (305)
- ► December (15)
- ► November (27)
- ▼ October (29)
- What is Amazon Fire TV Stick?
- Where To Start When Furnishing A New Home
- 10 Things to Give Trick-or-Treaters Besides Candy
- How To Remove Wax From Wood Floors
- Benefits of Nature for Kids
- Vinyl vs. Laminate Flooring
- If you Want to Change The World....
- Affordable Art
- How To Use Apple TV
- 21 Spices Every Kitchen Needs
- How Long Does a Laminate Floor Last?
- How Do The Season's Hottest Colors Get Picked?
- How To Set Up Apple TV
- Pumpkin Carving Ideas
- How To Clean A TV Screen
- New RC Willey Location at Delta Shores in Sacramento, CA
- Microsoft Office Sweepstakes - Enter to Win Now
- Halloween Party Ideas
- How To Get Netflix On Your TV
- Master Bathroom Ideas
- The History of Halloween
- Apple TV vs. Roku
- Dryer Buying Guide
- Delicious Pumpkin Desserts
- Surround Sound vs. Sound Bar
- RC Willey Employees Donate to Hurricane Victims
- Rug Buying Guide
- 7 Sore Throat Remedies
- Halloween Decoration Ideas
- ► September (25)
- ► August (30)
- ► July (24)
- ► June (31)
- ► May (22)
- ► April (30)
- ► March (27)
- ► February (28)
- ▼ January (17)
- Creating an Inviting Living Room
- Designing a Home Office
- Best Family Room Seating for the Big Game
- 5 Ways to Host the Perfect Dinner Party
- TVs and Sound Systems for the Big Game
- Dining Benches
- 5 Tips for Getting Organized
- Dinner Conversation Starters
- Mindful Eating
- Decorating with Houseplants
- Revamping Your Fireplace
- Using Baskets to Organize Your Home
- Sleeping Better this Year
- Pantone's Color of the Year
- 5 Great Podcasts
- How to Pick a Treadmill
- 5 Things You Need for a New Baby
- ► 2016 (4)
- ► 2015 (2)