Posted by Alyssa on October 19, 2017
Laminate floors are becoming more and more popular because, along with so many other benefits, laminate floors are extremely durable. They resist scratches, fading, shrinking, and swelling and are a great option for families with pets or kids. One of the biggest questions that come up when choosing whether or not to put in laminate floors is how long does a laminate floor last?
How Long Does A Laminate Floor Last?
The first thing to remember is that the lifespan of your laminate floors will really depend on a couple of things:
- The quality of your laminate. Not every floor is made equally! The better the quality, the longer the lifespan.
- Correct installation of your laminate. If your floors have been installed correctly, they will last much longer than floors that have been installed incorrectly or on uneven subfloors.
- Amount of foot traffic. Just as you would probably think, a laminate floor in a room that is seldom used will stand the test of time much better than a room that is used multiple times a day.
- Proper maintenance. If you keep your floors clean and dry, you should have floors that will last a long time. Remember that laminate floors are not waterproof. If you leave standing water on your floors they can be permanently damaged.
Keeping all these things in mind and if you take care of your floors properly, your laminate floors should last between 15 - 30 years. Not too bad, eh?
How long have you had your laminate floors?
Follow Us Online
- 3 Incredible Benefits of Air Fry Cooking (And How to Choose the Air Fryer That’s Right for You)
- Living Room Refresh With @simplyminedesigns
- Living Room Refresh With @galvanized_chic_boutique
- 7 Tips for Online Shopping
- The Perfect Patio
- Farmhouse Inspiration
- Living Room Refresh With @greybirchdesigns
- Ring Doorbell
- Dining Room Colors
- White Bathroom Ideas
- Trick or Treat Alternatives
- ► 2021 (1)
- ► 2020 (6)
- ► 2019 (112)
- ► 2018 (258)
- ▼ 2017 (342)
- ► December (31)
- ► November (28)
- ▼ October (30)
- What is Amazon Fire TV Stick?
- Where To Start When Furnishing A New Home
- 10 Things to Give Trick-or-Treaters Besides Candy
- How To Remove Wax From Wood Floors
- Benefits of Nature for Kids
- Vinyl vs. Laminate Flooring
- If you Want to Change The World....
- Affordable Art
- How To Use Apple TV
- 21 Spices Every Kitchen Needs
- How Long Does a Laminate Floor Last?
- How Do The Season's Hottest Colors Get Picked?
- How To Set Up Apple TV
- Pumpkin Carving Ideas
- How To Clean A TV Screen
- New RC Willey Location at Delta Shores in Sacramento, CA
- Microsoft Office Sweepstakes - Enter to Win Now
- Halloween Party Ideas
- Color Psychology: Orange and Black
- How To Get Netflix On Your TV
- Master Bathroom Ideas
- The History of Halloween
- Apple TV vs. Roku
- Dryer Buying Guide
- Delicious Pumpkin Desserts
- Surround Sound vs. Sound Bar
- RC Willey Employees Donate to Hurricane Victims
- Rug Buying Guide
- 7 Sore Throat Remedies
- Halloween Decoration Ideas
- ► September (27)
- ► August (30)
- ► July (28)
- ► June (32)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (31)
- ► March (28)
- ► February (29)
- ▼ January (17)
- Creating an Inviting Living Room
- Designing a Home Office
- Best Family Room Seating for the Big Game
- 5 Ways to Host the Perfect Dinner Party
- TVs and Sound Systems for the Big Game
- Dining Benches
- 5 Tips for Getting Organized
- Dinner Conversation Starters
- Mindful Eating
- Decorating with Houseplants
- Revamping Your Fireplace
- Using Baskets to Organize Your Home
- Sleeping Better this Year
- Pantone's Color of the Year
- 5 Great Podcasts
- How to Pick a Treadmill
- 5 Things You Need for a New Baby
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (21)