Posted by Alyssa on November 2, 2017
Two of the most popular streaming devices are Apple TV and Chromecast - but which one should you purchase? It really comes down to what your preferences are and what you plan to use your streaming device for. Keep reading below to see the similarities and differences between Apple TV and Chromecast.
Chromecast vs. Apple TV
Apple TV will let you use AirPlay from your Apple products. This means you’ll be able to stream whatever is on the screen of your iPhone, MacBook, or tablet onto the screen of your TV. This only works for Apple products though, so if you don’t own any Apple products, you may not be able to use all the feature of an Apple TV. However, even if you don’t have other Apple products in your home Apple TV has lots of apps available and you’ll still be able to use it to stream and watch videos.
Unlike Apple TV, which only works with Apple products, Chromecast will work with anything as long as you have access to Google Chrome. You can access Netflix and YouTube while using Chromecast, so it will meet all your streaming needs. There are some limitations when it comes to using Chromecast, including some lag and lack of video quality if you are streaming from Google Chrome.
If you want a more detailed description of the differences between Apple TV and Chromecast, you can check out the video below. Overall, both Apple TV and Chromecast are great streaming devices. If you have Apple products an Apple TV is much more convenient to use. If you’re on a budget, the Chromecast is what you’re looking for.
What do you think? Do you prefer an Apple TV or a Chromecast?
Follow Us Online
- 3 Incredible Benefits of Air Fry Cooking (And How to Choose the Air Fryer That’s Right for You)
- Living Room Refresh With @simplyminedesigns
- Living Room Refresh With @galvanized_chic_boutique
- 7 Tips for Online Shopping
- The Perfect Patio
- Farmhouse Inspiration
- Living Room Refresh With @greybirchdesigns
- Ring Doorbell
- Dining Room Colors
- White Bathroom Ideas
- Trick or Treat Alternatives
- ► 2021 (1)
- ► 2020 (6)
- ► 2019 (112)
- ► 2018 (258)
- ▼ 2017 (342)
- ► December (31)
- ▼ November (28)
- LG or Samsung TVs?
- Christmas Trees: Live vs. Artificial
- Wired vs. Wireless Headphones
- Sony or Samsung TV?
- Wii U vs PS4
- 10 Christmas Home Decor Essentials
- December 2017 Video Game Releases
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Black Friday Sales
- Wii U vs Xbox One
- What is Roku TV?
- How to Prepare for House Guests This Holiday Season
- Nate Berkus at RC Willey
- Iphone 7 Headphones
- November 2017 Video Game Releases
- How Do Noise Cancelling Headphones Work?
- Earbuds vs. Headphones
- How to Create a Classy Man Cave
- PS4's Best Games
- Drawer Construction 101
- October 2017 Video Game Releases
- 10 Things to Consider When Shopping for Furniture
- How to Use and Connect Bluetooth Headphones
- Thanksgiving Menu
- How to Safely Dispose of Prescription Medications
- PS4 or Xbox One?
- Chromecast vs. Apple TV
- 7 Ways to Practice Gratitude This Month
- ► October (30)
- ► September (27)
- ► August (30)
- ► July (28)
- ► June (32)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (31)
- ► March (28)
- ► February (29)
- ▼ January (17)
- Creating an Inviting Living Room
- Designing a Home Office
- Best Family Room Seating for the Big Game
- 5 Ways to Host the Perfect Dinner Party
- TVs and Sound Systems for the Big Game
- Dining Benches
- 5 Tips for Getting Organized
- Dinner Conversation Starters
- Mindful Eating
- Decorating with Houseplants
- Revamping Your Fireplace
- Using Baskets to Organize Your Home
- Sleeping Better this Year
- Pantone's Color of the Year
- 5 Great Podcasts
- How to Pick a Treadmill
- 5 Things You Need for a New Baby
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (21)