Posted by Alyssa on November 15, 2017
If you can’t stand hearing ambient noises while listening to your music or podcasts, you need to invest in some noise cancelling headphones. It’s amazing that you can now block out sounds from airplanes or traffic so you can focus on what you’re listening to. But how do noise cancelling headphones work? Here at RC Willey, your source for all kinds of headphones, we have your answer!
How Do Noise Cancelling Headphones Work?
Noise cancelling headphones are built with electronics inside that are able to block ambient noises. Inside the ear cup there is a microphone that picks up the external sounds that need to be blocked. Electronics inside create a new sound wave that is 180° out of phase with the ambient noise. The new wave is able to cancel out the unwanted incoming sounds without affecting the audio you are listening to.
All of this is powered by a rechargeable battery and happens without you even realizing it. While noise cancelling headphones can’t cancel out all ambient noises, they are able to effectively block out 70% of unwanted sounds. That makes a huge difference! At the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter how noise cancelling headphones work - it’s just kind of nice knowing that they do.
Have you tried noise cancelling headphones? Can you tell a big difference?
Follow Us Online
- 3 Incredible Benefits of Air Fry Cooking (And How to Choose the Air Fryer That’s Right for You)
- Living Room Refresh With @simplyminedesigns
- Living Room Refresh With @galvanized_chic_boutique
- 7 Tips for Online Shopping
- The Perfect Patio
- Farmhouse Inspiration
- Living Room Refresh With @greybirchdesigns
- Ring Doorbell
- Dining Room Colors
- White Bathroom Ideas
- Trick or Treat Alternatives
- ► 2021 (1)
- ► 2020 (6)
- ► 2019 (112)
- ► 2018 (258)
- ▼ 2017 (342)
- ► December (31)
- ▼ November (28)
- LG or Samsung TVs?
- Christmas Trees: Live vs. Artificial
- Wired vs. Wireless Headphones
- Sony or Samsung TV?
- Wii U vs PS4
- 10 Christmas Home Decor Essentials
- December 2017 Video Game Releases
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Black Friday Sales
- Wii U vs Xbox One
- What is Roku TV?
- How to Prepare for House Guests This Holiday Season
- Nate Berkus at RC Willey
- Iphone 7 Headphones
- November 2017 Video Game Releases
- How Do Noise Cancelling Headphones Work?
- Earbuds vs. Headphones
- How to Create a Classy Man Cave
- PS4's Best Games
- Drawer Construction 101
- October 2017 Video Game Releases
- 10 Things to Consider When Shopping for Furniture
- How to Use and Connect Bluetooth Headphones
- Thanksgiving Menu
- How to Safely Dispose of Prescription Medications
- PS4 or Xbox One?
- Chromecast vs. Apple TV
- 7 Ways to Practice Gratitude This Month
- ► October (30)
- ► September (27)
- ► August (30)
- ► July (28)
- ► June (32)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (31)
- ► March (28)
- ► February (29)
- ▼ January (17)
- Creating an Inviting Living Room
- Designing a Home Office
- Best Family Room Seating for the Big Game
- 5 Ways to Host the Perfect Dinner Party
- TVs and Sound Systems for the Big Game
- Dining Benches
- 5 Tips for Getting Organized
- Dinner Conversation Starters
- Mindful Eating
- Decorating with Houseplants
- Revamping Your Fireplace
- Using Baskets to Organize Your Home
- Sleeping Better this Year
- Pantone's Color of the Year
- 5 Great Podcasts
- How to Pick a Treadmill
- 5 Things You Need for a New Baby
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (21)