Posted by Alyssa on November 14, 2017
What is the difference between earbuds and headphones? Between the two of them, which one is right for you? Keep reading for everything you need to know about earbuds vs headphones.
Earbuds vs. Headphones
Headphones rest on your outer ear and come in noise canceling options that can completely seal out ambient noises. This is a great feature for blocking out traffic or noises during flights. If you are concerned about the quality of sound, especially the bass, headphones are what you are looking for. Headphones come in both wired and wireless options.
Because of their size, headphones can be bulky and are not very portable. They can also get hot while you wear them, especially if you are wearing them while exercising. The headband that connects speakers can mess up your hair and can interfere with earrings or glasses.
Unlike headphones, most earbuds are designed to fit into the ear canal. This makes them much less bulky and much more portable. This is why earbuds are the ideal option for exercising and commuting. They also don’t affect your hair, glasses or earrings.
On the other hand, the sound quality of earbuds is definitely inferior to that of headphones. External sounds are not filtered out as well, which means listeners often turn the volume up higher to compensate, which can affect your hearing. Some people have a difficult time keeping the earbuds in their ears, which can be annoying after awhile.
Overall, there are pros and cons to both headphones and earphones. For sound quality, headphones are the best option. For portability and convenience, go for earbuds. If you can’t decide, get them both!
Do you prefer earbuds or headphones?
Follow Us Online
- 3 Incredible Benefits of Air Fry Cooking (And How to Choose the Air Fryer That’s Right for You)
- Living Room Refresh With @simplyminedesigns
- Living Room Refresh With @galvanized_chic_boutique
- 7 Tips for Online Shopping
- The Perfect Patio
- Farmhouse Inspiration
- Living Room Refresh With @greybirchdesigns
- Ring Doorbell
- Dining Room Colors
- White Bathroom Ideas
- Trick or Treat Alternatives
- ► 2021 (1)
- ► 2020 (6)
- ► 2019 (112)
- ► 2018 (258)
- ▼ 2017 (342)
- ► December (31)
- ▼ November (28)
- LG or Samsung TVs?
- Christmas Trees: Live vs. Artificial
- Wired vs. Wireless Headphones
- Sony or Samsung TV?
- Wii U vs PS4
- 10 Christmas Home Decor Essentials
- December 2017 Video Game Releases
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Black Friday Sales
- Wii U vs Xbox One
- What is Roku TV?
- How to Prepare for House Guests This Holiday Season
- Nate Berkus at RC Willey
- Iphone 7 Headphones
- November 2017 Video Game Releases
- How Do Noise Cancelling Headphones Work?
- Earbuds vs. Headphones
- How to Create a Classy Man Cave
- PS4's Best Games
- Drawer Construction 101
- October 2017 Video Game Releases
- 10 Things to Consider When Shopping for Furniture
- How to Use and Connect Bluetooth Headphones
- Thanksgiving Menu
- How to Safely Dispose of Prescription Medications
- PS4 or Xbox One?
- Chromecast vs. Apple TV
- 7 Ways to Practice Gratitude This Month
- ► October (30)
- ► September (27)
- ► August (30)
- ► July (28)
- ► June (32)
- ► May (31)
- ► April (31)
- ► March (28)
- ► February (29)
- ▼ January (17)
- Creating an Inviting Living Room
- Designing a Home Office
- Best Family Room Seating for the Big Game
- 5 Ways to Host the Perfect Dinner Party
- TVs and Sound Systems for the Big Game
- Dining Benches
- 5 Tips for Getting Organized
- Dinner Conversation Starters
- Mindful Eating
- Decorating with Houseplants
- Revamping Your Fireplace
- Using Baskets to Organize Your Home
- Sleeping Better this Year
- Pantone's Color of the Year
- 5 Great Podcasts
- How to Pick a Treadmill
- 5 Things You Need for a New Baby
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (21)