Posted by Alyssa on August 3, 2017
If you’re lucky enough to have a bonus room in your house, there are endless ideas for small rooms. The trick is landing on the right idea that will look great, be functional, and make sense with the rest of your house. Check out these small room ideas from RC Willey.
If you need an extra bedroom:
- Add a mirror to trick your eye into thinking your room is larger than it is.
- Add storage under the bed by using baskets or boxes to keep your shoes or other small items in.
- If you are hoping for a workspace as well, use a desk as your nightstand. Something like this white modern desk would be perfect.
If you have little ones who need a playroom:
- Little artists love having a space for crafting and drawing, so include a small table and chairs just for them.
- Include something like this fun circle rug to soften hardwood floors and protect your carpet.
- If you have space, include at least one comfy spot for the grown-ups to sit while they watch their kids play.
via Vanessa Francis
If you work from home and would like a home office:
- Think about which direction you should place your desk that will help you be the most productive. Try out facing the window, the hallway, or the wall to see what works best for you.
- You’ll be sitting at your desk for extended periods of time so make sure you have a comfortable desk chair that looks good too.
- Include fun accessories and home-like touches to make your home office somewhere appealing and comfortable to be.
If you love creating and want a craft room:
- Find a variety of storage ideas for all your odds and ends to keep them organized. Think about displaying some of your favorite craft supplies in glass jars.
- Get one large table to fit in your room to give you a big workspace.
- A kitchen island like this green mobile island will give you extra counter space and storage.
What small room ideas do you have?